Friday 11 June 2010

Predictions

So, I'd better post all my predictions before it all kicks off on Friday. For the groups, we'll have winners, and then runners up. Here we go. 

Group A - France, Mexico 
Group B - Argentina, South Korea 
Group C - England, USA 
Group D - Germany, Serbia 
Group E - Netherlands, Cameroon
Group F - Italy, Slovakia 
Group G - Brazil, Portugal
Group H - Spain, Chile

Then we have the second round, where the winners of the first group play the runners up of the second group. I'll bold out my winners in each game. 

France vs. South Korea
Argentina vs. Mexico
England vs. Serbia
Germany vs. USA
Netherlands vs. Slovakia
Italy vs. Cameroon
Brazil vs. Chile
Spain vs. Portugal

As you can see, I think that the teams who come first will all win. But then it gets a little trickier, with the quarters...

France vs. England
Argentina vs.Germany
Netherlands vs. Brazil
Italy vs. Spain

And then we're down to the top four best teams in the world. And I think it'll be...

England vs. Brazil
Argentina vs. Spain

I can just see it happening. Spain will take third place, but it will set up the mother of all finals. I'm going down the penalty root too - I think we may very well see extra time in the final. But who will win it?

Argentina, by the skin of their teeth. I think for the first time in decades, they have the desire to go on and do it. Class act all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment